The Montague Group Board is made up of Independent Directors and Family Members working within the business.
Michael Naphtali, Non Executive Chairman
- Michael's role as Chairman of the Board involves chairing all board meetings of the Group and is a member of both the Audit committee and the Remuneration committee.
- Michael Naphtali AM (Member of the Order of Australia) is an Executive Director of Credit Suisse Private Bank. He was previously Co-Chairman of Hindal Group of Companies before Credit Suisse acquired Hindal in March 2008. Michael has advised on many and varied transactions and has experience across a number of industries including financial services, food, retail, manufacturing, and wine and beverage. He was previously Managing Director of the Pratt Group. Michael also serves on several corporate Boards as well as undertaking numerous community and charitable activities.
- Michael received a Bachelor of Economics (Honours) degree from Monash University and a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Chicago. In 2003 Michael was awarded a Centenary Medal for service to the community. In January 2009 Michael received an AM in the Australia Day Honours.
Erik Scholz, Non Executive Director
- Erik is the Chairman of both the Audit Committee and the Remuneration Committee, which report to the Board. In addition to being a Director of the Montague Group, Erik holds a number of other Directorships associated with his family business
- Up until mid 2009, Erik was CEO of Clipsal Electrical, a business employing 1500 people throughout its offices, factories, and operations in Australia and New Zealand. Since 2003, Erik was also a member of the Pacific Zone Executive Committee for Schneider Electric, the leading globabl manufacturer of Electrical products with sales exceeding $30 billion AUD.pa. During his 18 years with Clipsal/Schneider, Erik held numerous industry positions, including Director and Past President of AEEMA, the Industry Association. Currently, Erik is a supportive member of Ausbuy.
- He completed his secondary education at St.Johns College in Braybrook, Melbourne. Subsequently he completed a Bachelor of Business at Monash University, and a Master of Business Administration at the University of Melbourne.
Ray Montague, Executive Director
- Ray Montague is the Managing Director of Montague. Ray is also a Director of the international consortium for Red Fleshed Apples, IFORED and a founding Director of the International Pome Fruit Alliance (IPA).
Hamish Montague, Executive Director, General Manager Montague Fresh (Qld)
- Has been a shareholder since 1993 and has been an Executive Director of the Montague Group since 2004. Hamish has also been a Director of various industry bodies including Australian Fresh Fruit Company (AFFCO), the Orchardists and Fruit Coolstores Association of Victoria (OFCSAV), a founding Director of Fruit Growers Victoria (FGV), is currently a Director of Brismark Pty Ltd since 2013, founding Director and Deputy Chairman of the Australian Chamber of Fruit and Vegetable Industries (now called Fresh Markets Australia) since 2013 and Founding Director of www.BuyFruit.com.au
Scott Montague, Executive Director, General Manager Retail
- Scott has been an Executive Director of Montague since 2008 and in addition to this holds a number of other Directorships on various Industry Boards. Scott is a Director of the Australian Apple and Pear Association (APAL), where he is also on the Industry Advisory Committee (IAC) and the sub marketing committee of which he is the chair. Scott is also a Director for Pink Lady Australia (PLA) and a Director of APFIP (Australian Pome Fruit Improvement Program).
Tim Montague, Executive Director, General Manager Orchards
- Tim became an Executive Director of Montague in 2008.